Random thoughts on a chilly December Saturday:
1. Can I be all about myself for a minute? I was in charge of the centerpieces for the Sunday School party last night. There were seven tables and zero budget. I love a challenge like that. I went to Dollar Tree and found the cutest wreaths and over-sized bells and ornaments. I laid the wreaths flat on the table, placed the gold bells in the center, took the bow off the wreath and put it on top of the bells and filled the entire wreath with gold and red ornaments.
It took a hot minute to finish.
And only cost $3 per centerpiece.
And that my friends—is a Christmas decorating miracle.
2. We are all about Baylor football today. I cleared the calendar for 11:00. Until then I’m cleaning the house for an ornament painting party I’m having here this afternoon, my husband and Westleigh are raking leaves in my mom’s yard and Whitney is helping out at a toy drive.
Welcome to December.
3. It was a fun week on the blog. We made a five-minute Christmas decorating project from the dollar store and toured my reverse mullet of a Christmas decorated house with the back part of the house and the front part of the house and I put together some 10-minute super simple last-minute Christmas decorating ideas.
4. I was thinking about sharing the ornament painting party over on Instagram stories today.
If you are interested you can follow along here.
5. And in super fun news—to celebrate white elephant gift-giving season, my book publisher is LITERALLY giving away FREE white elephants to the first 50 people that request them.
Wouldn’t that make the cutest gift at your next white elephant party?
You can request yours and read all about how to win a decorating prize package valued at $500 here.
And now let’s see what the internet has been up to this week.
I thought these were the cutest desserts for a party.
Layered peppermint trifles with tiny Santa hats.
You can see the entire recipe here.
This Christmas home tour was one of my favorites.
I love a little plaid.
You can see the entire tour here.
Love this set of free printables.
Perfect for that blank Christmas wall.
You can see the entire set here.
Love this idea for the Christmas table.
Just wind a little boxwood around your napkins.
You can see the rest of the table setting here.
And in random news this week:
These super unusual Christmas trees (wait until you see the moss tree skirt)
This pretty front porch
This super simple garland
And I know I never post fashion on here, but I couldn’t help it. I ordered these jeans from Loft with the Black Friday sale and I’m about to order 50 more. I cannot tell you how they have changed my life. They have a high waist that keeps them in place (no more tugging). They are distressed so I feel like I am fashion-forward. They are the perfect blue that goes with everything and they are skinny at the bottom.
You can see them here.
Merry Christmas to me.
And one more for the road.
This ribbon is such an easy project to make.
You can see the DIY here.