Random thoughts on an amazing, incredible, cold sunny Saturday:
1. I’m having a meet and greet here in McKinney, TX next weekend. There will be books and food and giveaways and even some of my product line.
Oh, and I’m talking.
Please act surprised.
Message me here if you would like an invite.
2. WE WON. As the playoff turns just got a new episode. We won round one of the playoffs for the state football championship and so we advance to the next round.
And the best part?
We won the game last night in the last THREE seconds of the game. There’s nothing better than Friday night lights.
3. In other football news, Baylor is NINE and 0.
As in ZERO losses.
I don’t even want to shout it too loudly because we play OU today and College Game Day is currently at Baylor and my son, Zack, is there looking like he needs a shave and a haircut.
4. I’m in the middle of wrapping Christmas presents and watching the Tudors for the second time.
Is it wrong to say that Henry the VIII was a hottie?
5. It was an amazing week on the blog. Just in case you missed it, I shared my gift guide for my favorite, creative and unique ideas for one-of-a-kind presents and six Christmas porch project ideas and we talked about glass slippers and why we need them.
Oh, and I’m giving away a vacuum cleaner here.
Just in case you have a little extra holiday sparkles that need to leave.
Let’s see some of my favorite projects and ideas I found from around the internet this week.
Love this before and after dining room.
She has so many fun projects and furniture makeovers in this space.
This is such a beautiful cake.
And the best part?
She created it from a store-bought cake.
See how she made it here.
This is the easiest and prettiest idea ever.
One wreath + bells.
You can see the entire post here.
I love her pear that she painted earlier in the year.
She painted this pomegranate for all of us. It’s a free download.
You can see the FREE download here.
And in random news this week:
This creative DIY
This fun interview
I can’t wait to see this movie
This behind the scenes
I’m bringing this to every party
This simple wreath idea
Love this textured canvas
And remember the Air Bnb farmhouse that I stayed at in Waco?
Here it is decorated for Christmas.
And one (or two) more for the road.
I want to encourage you to add a little handmade to your Christmas tree this year.
This is my favorite handmade ornament tree here.
And the star at the top of the tree?
It’s made from my father’s old maps and was a gift from my sister for Christmas last year.