Random thoughts on a Saturday morning:
1. I love this piece that my brother made for me. There’s a little bit of him in every line.
2. It was a fun week on the blog. We talked about summer decorating ideas and how to fall in love with our houses once again and figured out what stair rods are and discovered a desk that’s a superhero.
3. It is HOT. I haven’t lived in Texas in a while and it’s the HOTTEST OF THE HOT.
(total aside: I guess today is ALL CAPS today. Maybe it’s all this HOTTNESS.)
4. I just saw the trailer for Downton Abbey in the movie theater. I’m going to go all Captain Obvious and tell you I almost screamed.
September can’t get here soon enough.
5. We are in the middle of working on the bookcases in the living room and installing molding and lights.
I’m going to post before, middle and after pictures next week.
Did I mention that it IS HOT?
Please tell me it’s cool where you are. 🙂
I found this free printable just in time for summer.
Isn’t it beautiful?
Three items you can repurpose into throw pillows.
Spoiler alert. One of them is a rug.
You can see them all here.
I am loving watching this blogger’s home evolve.
Her style is perfection to me.
I love the layering on this bed.
It’s perfect for a guest bedroom.
And in random news this week:
This curtain rod DIY
This beautiful plant rack
This simple DIY
A simple tip for wearing bright red lipstick
This kitchen remodel
This color-filled home
And this article that I just wrote for Jeffrey Court about vanity and tile combinations for different design styles.
One more for the road.
To celebrate summer, here’s a tour of this beautiful beach house on Cape Cod that I photographed.
You can see the entire house tour here.