Random thoughts on a Saturday morning:
1. This morning my husband and his father are going to the dump. I have never seen someone so excited about loading up a trailer of nonsense and driving it across town to a stinky place.
2. Last night we went to see the movie, Run the Race. It is AMAZING. Seriously. It has such smart writing and the film takes place in a small town with an incredible cast. I laughed and cried and was surprised at the twists and turns of the plot. I cannot recommend it enough.
3. We are working on a project this weekend. Fingers crossed it works out how I imagine it. We are taking wood bookcases and placing them against a shiplap wall and making them built in. If it turns out super cute, I will share it with all of you.
4. This was a fun week on the blog. We created a simple centerpiece for a party and cleaned acorns out of my mother’s flower beds and discussed the right paint finish for any space and all talked about our favorite exterior home style. Oh, and Whitney’s room is almost done.
5. And in other exciting news:
Westerbess (otherwise known as Westleigh) made varsity cheerleader yesterday.
We went to a watch party to find out if she made it and when she and her friend found out they screamed and ordered cookie cake with ice cream. And then? She spent the evening walking around like she had wings.
Here’s to a year of jumps and football and yelling really loudly.
Let’s see what the internet has been up to this week.
I was so excited when I saw this project because I have the same basket.
You can see my basket on this post here.
What a simple update to make it look a little fresher.
See the entire DIY here.
I thought this was such a clever idea for a kitchen backsplash.
It’s a grouping of blue and white plates.
You can see the rest of the kitchen here.
This kitchen island.
Here are all the details on the piece and its story.
And this is such a fun idea.
How to force spring branches.
See the entire DIY here.
And in random news this week:
How to choose the right white tile
This clever wreath idea
When you’ve loved your job for 50 years
Love this artwork so much
Can’t wait to follow along with this project
And this beautiful spring to-do-list printable.
Just in case you had a few things to do this spring? This list will make them all prettier.
One more for the road
If you are looking for an easy project this weekend?
Here’s a fun bookcase project.
21 Comments - Leave a comment
Share: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share by email