Random thoughts on a cold, sunny, almost Christmas morning:
1. Do you still want to be friends if I tell you I had Christmas cookies for breakfast this morning?
2. If you follow me on Instagram, be sure and check out my stories this morning. I posted a live tour of the front of the house with the most beautiful sunshine on the planet.
3. If you are having a party and need fresh greenery? Please do not stop, do not pass go and head directly to Trader Joe’s. They had the most amazing Christmas greenery. Seriously. There are bundles full of different types of greens and when you open up the bundle there is so much more greenery in there than you expected.
4. If you in the DFW area, do you have any recommendations where we can donate our time as a family? My kids are all home and everyone wanted to spend an afternoon together spreading a little Christmas cheer.
5. I am so happy right now. My mother used to tell me her heart was happy when all her chicks were back in the nest.
I never understood what she meant.
I always knew my mother was brilliant.
Let’s see what the internet has been up to this week.
We all need a little savings at Christmas.
Here are 24 thrifty Christmas decorating ideas.
This story about a tiny dollhouse.
And the best part?
The story is cute, but the decorations are even CUTER.
Love the simplicity and charm of this Christmas mantel.
And the brilliance of using a tree skirt to decorate it.
See the details here.
And if you ever wanted to make your own fresh wreath?
This is the tutorial for you.
Easy and simple.
Find the DIY here.
And in random news this week:
Super cute photo wrapping ideas
This made me think
Great last-minute gift idea
This living room tour
Perfect dish to take to someone’s home for the holidays
This made me giggle
I almost cried when I read it.
And one more for the road.
This is the game that my brother made for me a couple of Christmases ago.
It’s so much better.
Merry almost-Christmas to you.