A few random thoughts on a chilly Texas Saturday:
1. I’m taking down the Christmas trees today. Just between us, I’m sad. I don’t want to. I love how the lights twinkle when I drive up to the house. I wish we could Christmas all year long.
2. Our yard is full of leaves that need to be raked. I keep hoping they will blow away into someone else’s yard, but no such luck.
3. Our neighborhood is full of chickens. It’s like chicken heaven here. We actually have a coop in our backyard and we’ve been thinking about chickening it. I’m not sure about the poop on the eggs, though. Does anyone have a chicken opinion?
4. We are painting the dining room today. It’s part of a fun project I’m working on for the next book. Fingers crossed the color is as cute as I think it’s going to be.
5. Is it wrong if I’m still watching Hallmark Christmas movies? Maybe I’m in Christmas denial or I just love people that move back to their hometown and fall in love with their high school sweetheart who owns a Christmas tree farm.
Take your pick. 🙂
And now? Let’s see what the internet was up to this week.
Hello brilliant idea.
I’m always trying to hide the not cute part of the bulbs or flower arrangements.
You can see the rest of the winter decorating here.
Here are three easy DIY wreaths, including this pom pom wreath.
Here are a few tips on transitioning from Christmas to winter.
It all looks so cozy.
My Christmas tree and I are taking notes.
These adorable, affordable, wintery looking DIY felt pillows.
Simple DIY found here.
And in random news this week:
This cute DIY pom pom ottoman
This open kitchen shelving
In defense of New Year’s resolutions
How to Instagram your home
And this. This dresser. SERIOUSLY. Craigslist? You all are geniuses.
PS I’m following along with their beach house renovation, too.
And one more for the road.
This wreath was made with twigs from the yard.
(total decorating aside: what was I thinking styling this photo with those big, fake flowers? SERIOUSLY)
Happy Random Saturday to you.
PS I’m sharing a SUPER FUN ANNOUNCEMENT on Monday! If you aren’t signed up to get the blog delivered to your inbox, you can sign up here to make sure you don’t miss a single post!