Do you have an extra kitchen sink lying around?
I’m just curious.
You see…..I made this granola.
And not too sweet.
And it makes me feel so much better about the Pringle’s from yesterday.
It’s called Ultimate Granola.
It has pecans and almonds and walnuts and honey and cranberries and raisins.
It seems like it has almost everything.
That’s why I was checking with you about your surplus kitchen fixtures…..because at this point….I think all that’s missing…..
…..is the kitchen sink.
“Everything But the Kitchen Sink” Granola
5 cups rolled oats
1 cup blanched slivered almonds
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup raisins
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup canola oil
1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
1 cup wheat germ
1 1/2 cup honey
(the recipe also called for coconut and sesame seeds….but I didn’t include them)
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C)
2. Stir together oats, pecans, wheat germ, walnuts, almonds and sun flower seeds in a large bowl.
3. Cook honey and canola oil in a pan over medium heat.
Stir until blended.
4. Pour mixture over oat and nut mixture and stir until ingredients are completely coated.
5. Spread it out evenly on two cookie sheets.
6. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. When you take it out of the oven immediately stir in the dried cranberries and raisins. Let stand until cooled….occasionally stirring to break up any clumps.
Store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
It is so good.
I couldn’t even keep it away from my family before I photographed it.
So how about you? I know you all are granola experts….I can sense these things.
What would you add?
What else would make this granola even more delicious?
I can’t wait to see what you suggest…..and don’t forget…..
…. the kitchen sink is still available 🙂
Looking for a little more recipe inspiration? Be sure to check out my recipe page.