Looking for the best blue gray paint colors for your room? You’ve come to the right place. Here are 10 blue gray paint colors designed to transform your space from blah to beautiful.
This post is sponsored by Sherwin-Williams®.
Did you know that not all blues are created equal?
If you look at the color wheel, there are so many different blue options.
There are blues with a green undertone.
And blues with a purple undertone.
And blues with a hint of turquoise.
And my personal favorite…
….blues sprinkled with a hint of gray.
Have you seen them?
They are some of the prettiest blues on the planet.
If you are like me and you are finishing up a few projects around the house right now, this is the post for you.
Here are some of my favorite friends…
….the best blue gray paint colors for any space.
A couple of quick things before we get started:
1. If you want some amazingly sound, totally non-intimidating, non-judgmental advice on how to pick a paint color based on my learnings from all the years I’ve spent staring at the paint chip display…
…read this post first.
2. If blue is not your thing—I have some other paint color posts, too.
3. Paint is a super tricky thing to see through the eyes of a computer screen. It can look one way on the computer screen and another way on your paint chip and still another way on your walls. That’s the amazingness of paint. It looks your own special way in your own special house. For questions on this—refer to number one.
4. If some of these colors seem a little overwhelming for your walls—think about furniture or even the back of a bookcase instead.
5. And lastly, these blues are amazing–the best blue gray paint colors. They are ones I’ve used in my own home and clients’ homes. They are colors I’ve tried again and again and work perfectly in so many different spaces. They all have their own personality and their own character. I hope you love them as much as I do.
The best blue gray paint colors
1. Sea Serpent SW 7615
It’s such a pretty color.
We used it here as an accent wall and combined it with Oyster White SW 7637.
The combination is stunning.
2. Misty SW 6232
You can see it and all of its friends on the paint chip here.
I love it because it’s the blue you are always looking for.
You know when you have a room that you need a soft, pretty blue to use a backdrop for a space?
This is the blue for you. It makes a statement without being overpowering.
3. Adrift SW 7608
I get asked about the best blues to use for painted furniture all the time.
One of the best blue gray paint colors is Adrift SW 7608. It’s perfect for a furniture project.
This is the blue that’s kind of a Wedgewood blue and kind of a classic gray-blue and kind of a soft blue and kind of a blue that you want to bring home and introduce to your family.
4. Online SW 7072
At first glance, this paint color looks gray on the paint strip.
But when painted on a wall, the true undertones come out.
It’s perfect for a bathroom or bedroom with its soothing, calming hue.
5. North Star SW 6246
I love a pale blue with a hint of gray.
This is the paint color you’ve been looking for.
It’s one of the best blue gray paint colors and it reminds me of a hint of fog on a cloudy morning.
6. Naval SW 6244
This blue and I have been friends for years.
I was working on a project for a client that needed a true navy and I found this color and never looked back.
I’ve also painted an entire room this color that you can see here.
It really is a true navy and the perfect classic paint color.
Here’s my dining room that I painted Naval SW 6244. Naval is Sherwin-Williams 2020 Color of the Year.
7. Gris SW 7659
I still remember when I found this paint color.
It was such a surprise when I painted it.
When I picked this color out in the paint store, I was expecting it to look more gray than blue. But then? After the room was finished it turned out more blue than gray.
This is one of my favorite blue-gray paint colors.
8. Rain SW 6219
This color is my go-to for a soft blue.
Its friend on the paint strip –Tradewind SW 6218 – is amazing, too.
It makes me think of rainy, summer afternoons.
It’s soft and subtle and a classic blue that works with almost any palette.
9. Storm Cloud SW 6249
I cannot even tell you how amazing this color is.
It has a superpower.
This blue adjusts to the lighting in the room and fills the space with the perfect amount of blue gray.
At night? It looks even more sophisticated.
10. Outerspace SW 6251
This gray blue is on the same paint strip as Storm Cloud SW 6249.
It’s just a little darker than Storm Cloud SW 6249 and a little grayer than Naval SW 6244.
It’s perfect for an accent wall or a media room.
And here they are all together.
Look at that beautiful blue palette.
Pin this for later, so the next time you are looking for the best blue gray paint colors?
You’ll have the list ready and waiting.
Disclosure: this post was written in collaboration with Sherwin-Williams.
All opinions are my own.
Please see my disclosure page for more information.