Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Walmart+.
Can you believe Christmas is just around the corner?
I. Can’t. Wait.
And every year, right before Christmas we host the annual caroling party.
My mother hosted it for years. She’d pick a theme and plan the games and pick out prizes and send out the invitations and let the neighborhood know that we were coming.
It’s my responsibility.
I take it very seriously. I’ve already sent out all the invites and the theme is top secret and I’m getting ready for guests and I ordered all the supplies I needed online at 9:30 in the morning and bags of caroling party necessities were at my front door by noon.
All thanks to my Walmart+ membership.
Are you hosting guests this year?
Having one last Christmas party before Santa shows up like me?
You can order all the ingredients you need in the Walmart app and get unlimited free delivery as soon as same-day from your store as a Walmart+ member ($35 order minimum. Restrictions apply.).
Everything I need for our hot chocolate bar just showed up on my doorstep.
And here’s are my best caroling party planning tips in case you need a little holiday in your life:
- Invite families of all ages. That’s the secret to this party. Everyone is welcome whether you are nine or 90 (we actually have a 90-year-old friend coming this year). The guest list usually stays the same (with the occasional new friend) and it’s so fun to reconnect with the same families year after year and watch them all grow up.
- Have games. I know this is a little much for some people. But y’all. Games are where it’s at. We change up the games every year depending on the theme, but one game remains the same. It’s called “The Christmas Carol Game” and the leader (usually Denton) stands in the middle of the room. Then families sit in groups and sing a Christmas carol when Denton points at them. The point of the game is to NOT sing the same carol twice. It’s so much harder than it sounds. But it’s such a fun way to involve entire families in the game.
- Ask everyone to bring a dish. We usually provide a dessert or two along with all the drinks (hence the hot chocolate bar). Encourage everyone to bring their family’s favorites to share.
- Let the neighbors know you are caroling. My father used to go door-to-door to let everyone know that we would be by that night with carols and Christmas cheer. He’d play the guitar to keep us all in tune. Now, my husband plays the guitar and leads our band of merry singers.
- Pick a theme for the night. We’ve used “Snowflakes” and “Hollywood Holiday” and “Santa and the Reindeer” just to name a few. A theme helps keep everything in the party organized and on track.
- Lastly, have a little something for everyone when they leave to remember that year’s caroling party. It’s a gift we give to all the families. Maybe a set of coasters or a package of gourmet hot chocolate or a personalized family ornament or even a package of reindeer treats. The important thing is that they know how happy you are that they are spending the Christmas holidays with your family.
Interested in Walmart+?
Here’s the way it works:
(total aside: I have had Walmart+ now for over a year and I LOVE IT.)
You can purchase a monthly membership for $12.95 or an annual membership for $98. You get unlimited FREE delivery from your local store (with a $35 minimum purchase and restrictions apply), and other great benefits that save you time and money. You can sign up for a free trial at www.Walmartplus.com.
Your membership includes Walmart’s everyday low prices and no per item mark-ups like other online grocery delivery services.
Free delivery on hot chocolate.
Free delivery on marshmallows.
And free delivery on a whole lot more.
So when you want to put together a hot chocolate bar or you are about to run out of spoons, you don’t have to worry.
Ordering online is just a finger click away.
You can order food items but you can also order all those household essentials you need.
But that’s not all. With your Walmart+ membership, you might also get great member prices on gas and the in-store mobile scan & go benefit, too.
If you think this might work for you and you are interested in having groceries delivered for FREE that show up right to your door?
You can sign up for Walmart+ here.
It’s a big time saver.
I love, love, LOVE it! I truly do! I’ve had it for over a year and it makes life easier, saves me money and keeps me focused.
Here’s to celebrating the holidays with hot chocolate and Christmas carols.
And extra joy. 🙂
disclosure: This post was sponsored by Walmart+.
All opinions are my own.
Please see my disclosure page for more information.
Affiliate links are used in this post.