And like all good things?
Our Christmas in July week has come to an end.
It’s been amazing.
We’ve discussed simple ideas for gift wrapping and how to make your Christmas tree even cuter and creative ideas for using what you have to decorate your home for the holidays and 7 creative Christmas DIY wreaths.
It’s time to finish strong.
With an explosion of color.
One of the most fun things for me when I plan out my Christmas decor is choosing a color scheme. There are so many options. There’s traditional and coastal and classic and nostalgic and bright. Like this orange and pink Christmas decor from the gatehouse circa 2014.
So many colors to choose from and I picked my favorites.
Here are five amazing color schemes for Christmas 2021.
1. Blue and white Christmas decor
Please act surprised that this was number one. This is layers and layers and layers of blue and white texture and pattern. Here are a few ideas if you think blue and white Christmas decor might be in your future:
- find blue and white wrapping paper for presents and use to decorate
- flocked greenery mixes well with this color scheme
- adding blue velvet into the texture mix elevates the entire room
- create a mantel display with ornaments and wide ribbon looped around zip ties
- add eucalyptus as an alternative to traditional greenery
- a pretty blue and white table cloth makes a pretty patterned tree skirt
2. Red and green Christmas decor
Hello traditional Christmas. There’s nothing prettier. When I think of Christmas colors that make me truly happy? Red and green make the top of the list. Here are a few ideas if you think red and green Christmas decor might be in your future:
- mix in galvanized buckets and other metal accents
- traditional greenery like pine and fir and cedar are so pretty with red and green
- add a simple mantel display with votives for each of the days leading up to Christmas
- keep the wrapping simple with craft paper boxes and decorative ribbon
- use skates and other vintage Christmas pieces to add to the traditional color scheme
- fill a sleigh with red and white and green ornaments for an easy centerpiece
3. Red and white and blue Christmas decor
The only thing cuter than a blue and white Christmas room? A Christmas room that adds in pops of red, too. Here are a few ideas if you think blue and white and red Christmas decor might be in your future:
- use blue books mixed with greenery and ornaments to decorate a sideboard
- add tassels to packages and wreaths and doorknobs to create a festive look in unexpected places
- wrap a tree with blue ribbons and red ornaments
- mix blue and red pillows on a chair
- tie ornaments on top of packages to add a pop of color
- look for vintage advent calendars and other Christmas decor at yard sales
4. Red and white and black Christmas decor
This is another one of my favorite Christmas color schemes. It’s so fun to mix in chalkboard and vintage lettering and black and white check. Here are a few ideas if you think black and red and white Christmas decor might be in your future:
- make personalized chalkboard ornaments for the tree
- decorate the room with black and white checked ribbon and a buffalo check tree skirt
- make a garland out of old Christmas cards
- create displays with vintage red and white and black books
- use a plaid blanket as a tree skirt
- add pom pom ribbon on packages and swag it through Christmas garland
5. Neutral Christmas decor
The calm side of Christmas. Texture and natural materials and wood and burlap and all the greenery. Here are a few ideas if you think neutral Christmas decor might be in your future:
- cut Christmas trees out of pallet wood
- mix fresh greenery with faux greenery to add the smell of Christmas to your decor
- add burlap and jute ribbons to the Christmas tree
- make stockings from vintage feed sacks
- mix in eucalyptus with pine and fir and cedar
- create a mantel display with layers of ribbon and texture
I hope you enjoyed this Christmas in July series. Right now Christmas seems light-years away and you are drinking lemonade and watching fireflies. But just between us, it’s never to early to start getting ready. After all, Christmas is only 169 days away. But who’s counting. 🙂 PS And now? Here’s a little more color inspiration from some of my favorite people.
I love how I rescued this stained tablecloth by painting it in summer colors with a paint roller. It looks perfect on my Summer Colors Citrus Table!