Can I just tell you how happy I am that you are here?
You probably get that all the time. Red carpets wherever you walk. Standing ovations when you speak. You and your rock star self just VIP your way through life.
I get it. I understand.
After all, you are amazing.
But today? I’m extra happy that you showed up. Because today is all about fall and pumpkins and garland and kitchens and living rooms and hutches and coffee tables and benches that have their fall on. If you are visiting from The Woodgrain Cottage, nice to meet you. My friend Marty has put together a fall tour today and we are all about a little autumnal splendor.
Are you ready?
Because I took a few pictures. You know.
This year I wanted to try something different from all the years before.
I had this brilliant idea.
A tour without words. Kind of like the movies from a long time ago where they just used to wear flapper gear and beads in their hair and dance around and pantomime everything.
The silent film of fall home tours.
I wasn’t even going to write anything.
Can you even believe it?
Just scrolling through picture after picture without all the bother of a really good story.
Does anyone really read the words on a home tour anyway?
Aren’t they much more concerned about the pictures?
And so I tried it.
Really, I did.
I tried to put the pictures on without any words.
But a blog post without talking?
For me, it was almost impossible.
What was I thinking? I HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY.
Are you nodding your head?
So I tossed the silent tour idea out the window and compromised.
A few more pictures and a little less talking.
I’m simply going to count my blessings….
….all the way through rest of the fall decorating.
Just to keep you company. :
1. I’m thankful I am the keeper of the house I grew up in.
2. I’m thankful I kissed that twinkly-eyed date on the curb right outside the window where I’m typing this post.
3. I’m thankful he survived my pancakes.
4. I’m thankful for stinky socks.
5. I’m thankful for the feet that wear them.
6. I’m thankful those feet have started doing their own laundry.
7. I’m thankful for peanut butter and jelly.
8. I’m thankful for macaroni and cheese.
9. I’m thankful I have a kitchen that’s met both of them.
10. I’m thankful for cool crisp afternoons and falling leaves.
11. I’m thankful for golden retrievers who love to roll around in the middle of them.
12. I’m thankful you stopped by for a visit.
13. I’m thankful for burlap and pumpkins and mercury glass and barn doors and buckets of acorns.
14. I’m thankful for chalkboards and hay and scrabble tiles and silhouettes.
15. And I’m thankful for two more months of fall decorating…..
….because I’m just getting started. 🙂
PS And now? I’d love to invite you to stop by my friend Ashley from Modern Glam’s home.
She is SERIOUSLY amazing.
Just like you. 🙂
56 Comments - Leave a comment
Share: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share by email