Do you remember the mom in “Leave It To Beaver?”
I don’t even know her name.
All I remember about her….was that she was perfect.
She had cute hair that bobbed up on the side and tidy starched dresses and shiny earrings and a smile on her face…..all while cooking and cleaning and dusting and making lunches and entertaining her husband and keeping the Beaver and Wally out of trouble and away from Eddie Haskell.
All while wearing a single strand of pearls.
When I was younger…..I watched those re-runs and I wanted to be just like her.
Then I grew up.
And realized that no one really wears pearls while dusting and that cooking was hard work and she must have used a lot of hair gel to get her hair just so and that the Eddie Haskells of the world are still alive and well.
And most days, I’m lucky to get a frozen pizza in the oven.
For one brief moment.
I felt like I had the starring role in “Leave It to Beaver.”
I wasn’t wearing pearls or a starched dress or a perfect set of matched pumps or an apron.
But today…..I put on my red lipstick with my head held high……
…..and made Cherry Cheesecake In a Jar.
Cherry Cheesecake In a Jar
1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tub of Cool Whip
1 stick of butter, melted
1 cup of sugar
1 can cherry pie filling
8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup of chopped nuts (optional)
4 mason jars
Cherry Cheesecake In a jar
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped nuts optional
- Mix cracker crumbs and melted butter.
- Press mixture onto the bottom of each of the mason jars.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar.Spread over crumbs in jars.
- Fill rest of the jar by layering cherry pie filling and Cool Whip.Alternate layers.On the last layer add a cherry on top and sprinkle extra graham cracker crumbs on last layer of whipped cream.Or nuts.Chill before serving.
1. Mix cracker crumbs and melted butter.
2. Press mixture onto the bottom of each of the mason jars.
3. Mix cream cheese and sugar.
Spread over crumbs in jars.
4. Fill rest of the jar by layering cherry pie filling and Cool Whip.
On the last layer add a cherry on top and sprinkle extra graham cracker crumbs on last layer of whipped cream.
Chill before serving.
But it’s easy.
And so delicious.
And I know Mrs. Beaver’s mom would be so proud…..
….she might even let me wear the pearls 🙂
PPS My taste testers said next time they wanted me to double the recipe and add more graham cracker crumbs.
PPPS You know the only reason I make these recipes…..is just to photograph them.
And because “Cherry Cheesecake in a Jar” makes frozen pizza taste so much better 🙂