The only thing better than a Christmas tour?
Is a Christmas tour with housekeeping notes before you get started.
I just didn’t want you to start the tour before I mentioned a few things about this tour.
1. It was put together by Shelia from Maison de Cinq. She’s an incredible hostess and I just wanted to thank her for putting all this together.
2. There are a LOT of pictures. I tried to cut a few pictures out, but I wanted you to see the entire space from different angles.
You might need a beverage before you begin.
3. Most of the tree and mantel decor all came from Holiday Warehouse here in Plano, TX. They are sponsoring my tour this year and I am so grateful to them. Holiday Warehouse has the best selection of creative, unique, amazing Christmas decor. They had me at blue and white ornaments and velvet ribbon.
4. If you like neutral, this is the tour for you.
5. If you like color, this is the tour for you.
6. It’s the reverse mullet of Christmas tours.
Business in the back.
And a little party in the front.
Does anyone else have a house like this?
A little Christmas decorating that is ALL OVER THE PLACE?
Can we discuss?
Would it help if I started with an explanation? A little background? A little information that helps explain how the reverse mullet Christmas decorating entered the picture.
See, I used to live in this farmhouse.
If this is your first time visiting or you’ve been away from the blog or if you googled farmhouse decor and are just finding me today…
….this is the rest of my story.
It’s about a girl named KariAnne who loved a farmhouse.
It’s a tale that started at the end of a country road with hay and cows and barns and it has ups and downs and joy and sorrow.
She followed her husband her heart and moved back to Texas to take care of family.
But the best part of the story?
She didn’t move back into any old home.
She packed her bags and her farmhouse decor and these wood Christmas trees on the kitchen counter.
And moved back to the home that she grew up in.
Living in my new (old) home with boxes and boxes and boxes of farmhouse Christmas decor.
It’s what I have.
It’s what I know.
I love the farmhouse look and the vintage feel and the history of all that has gone before.
The story of all that before.
Then there’s this other part of me that yearns for color.
The front part of the house looks like this.
There’s a whole lot of blue and white going on.
I know it’s random.
I get it.
You are probably thinking…KARIANNE MAKE UP YOUR CHRISTMAS DECORATING MIND.
A little random.
A little scattered.
A little bright and merry.
And a little farmhouse.
I think I have Christmas decorating ADD. I go in the front rooms and I love it. And then I drink a cup of hot chocolate and I go into the back of the house and I love it, too.
And the funniest part?
It’s all so me.
Sometimes I’m serious and thoughtful and calm and sometimes?
I’m all about the extra.
See what I mean?
It’s exactly like a reverse mullet.
Business and neutral in the back.
And the front…
…is a party just waiting to happen. 🙂
And now? Here are a few other tours from some of my favorite friends.