This Thanksgiving day I am thankful.
I am so thankful and blessed to be living my dream.
And every day…..every single day…..my blessings spill over….tumbling and turning and swirling and twirling into the crisp cool country air.
So today….I want to pause and give thanks and count a few of my blessings.
So here…in no particular order are 12 thankful thoughts I had today as I was driving the winding Kentucky roads:
1. I’m thankful that we have salamanders and the people that love them that live here at thistlewood.
2. I’m thankful the salamanders stay outside.
3. I’m thankful for international harvesters and hay trucks and the hay that covers the road and the cows that eat the hay.
4. I didn’t realize how thankful I was for piles of hay and harvesters and barns and cows until we drove in New York City. Yikes 🙂
5. I’m thankful for Pinterest and washers and soap bubbles….and stinky socks.
6. I’m thankful for Wal-Mart that has bags of nice new clean white socks when you just can’t seem to get the gray ones clean.
7. I’m thankful for the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and that Kim seems to have gotten herself together and Lisa has a new home and Brandy got her cast off and that the new housewife who used to be a model and now is married to a famous song-writer has joined the show. I think she will keep it interesting.
8. I’m thankful that when I’m not watching the Housewives of various cities all over the country…..the Hallmark channel and my hero, Larry Levinson, have a never-ending stream of a little sappy….always sweet…..Christmas movies.
9. I’m thankful for this blog and I wish I could put myself up for adoption into their family.
10. I am thankful for all the pilgrims and the settlers and the Shakers and the Quakers and the adventurers and so many people who suffered such hardship to establish this incredible nation.
11. I am thankful that Christmas comes right after Thanksgiving and that I am sleeping in and shopping on-line on Black Friday.
12. And I am thankful for you.
Sitting here…..having pumpkin spiced latte or sparkling water or tea or diet coke…..with me.
Do you have any idea the incredible blessing you are to me?
Your words, your encouragement, your honesty, your generosity and your smiles.
Your smiles (and an occasional chortle or two) are the best.
So thank you my wonderful friends…..
…..and have a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving. 🙂
PS Today I love thankfulness and turkey and family and the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade…..but tomorrow….seriously….I am ALL about the Christmas decorating! Hope to see you then!
48 Comments - Leave a comment
Share: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share by email