Did you think this was a post about raspberries?
I’m getting to all that…..but first…..I really need a big opinion from you.
What do you think about colored jeans with lace on them?
I can’t decide.
I was shopping today and I saw the cutest pink jeans covered in lace and I kind of liked them….well….actually….I wanted to like them….because they looked like something I would should be liking.
But lace? And jeans? Isn’t that so close to those lace gloves without fingers?
Those jeans could go either way.
They could go all Jennifer Aniston wearing a bobby pin leaving on a jet plane for the south of France…..
…..or be totally Ginger from Gilligan’s Island.
I can’t tell. There’s something about the lace that leaves me a little stymied.
I’ll wait patiently for your fashion opinion.
Now back to our regularly scheduled post.
Mini Raspberry Trifle
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 (10.75 oz) package prepared pound cake
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
3 cups of fresh raspberries
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon juice
1. In a medium bowl beat cream with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form.
2. In another bowl cream together cream cheese, lemon juice, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla.
3. Fold two cups of whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Set aside remaining whipped cream.
4. Cube pound cake. Cut raspberries in half. Layer cubed pound cake with whipped cream/cream cheese mixture and fresh raspberries.
5. Repeat layers twice.
6. Top with remaining whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
You have to make it.
Now how about those lace pants. 🙂
PS Did you guess?
If you guessed the bicycle wheel clock you were right!
And the best part!
We (as in me and you and your wonderful voting self) made it through to round 2!
Wait until you see what I planned for next week. 🙂
PS Looking for a little more recipe inspiration? Be sure to check out my recipe page.