Remember my “no buy” words?
There’s one important point I forgot to mention.
They don’t apply to the clearance bins at Wal-mart.
Those clearance bins are amazing.
It’s like the eighth wonder of the world at your friendly neighborhood super-center.
And the truly amazing thing.
You never know what you are going to find.
A package of “Over-the-Hill” party balloons next to a package of kleenex tissues next to a tire gauge next to a lopsided aquarium next to glittered scarecrow next to……
Four yards of tiny yellow ball trim were calling my name from behind a package holiday cards.
And as soon as I saw it I knew the trim was perfect.
The perfect way to customize a $4.97 flat sheet from Wal-mart.
Easy Way to Customize a $4.97 Sheet
(or how I narrowly escaped buying a treadmill at Wal-mart)
$4.97 Flat twin sheet from Wal-mart
Trim from Wal-mart clearance bin
(1) Go to Wal-mart to purchase a gallon of milk.
(2) On the way to the milk section……casually notice they have their treadmills marked down.
(4) Stare at the treadmills longingly.
(5) Remember that you already have a treadmill, but decide that these treadmills are way better super-sonic-state-of-the-art treadmills.
(6) Take a moment to wonder when Wal-mart started going all state-of-the-art.
(7) Imagine yourself……walking on that treadmill…..drinking giant bottles of imported water in really cute work-out gear and new neon tennis shoes.
(8) Remember that you are on a budget.
(10) Deliberately turn away from the super-sonic-state-of-the-art mark-downs.
(11) Head for the clearance bins to shake off your non-treadmill purchase malaise.
(12) Spy yellow ball trim that makes your heart beat faster.
(13) Purchase trim and $4.97 twin flat sheet in orange.
(14) Drive home.
(15) Sew trim to inside edge of sheet.
(16) Realize you forgot milk.
(17) Decide you are totally okay with forgetting milk.
After all……you have to make another trip to Wal-Mart tomorrow anyway.
You really need check out that clearance bin again…..
……because now that glittered scarecrow is calling your name 🙂
PS Have you ever bought a treadmill at Wal-Mart? Please tell me it really wasn’t that great 🙂